Rules on the Personal Information Protection Committee
Issued on April 1, 2005
Revised on April 1, 2007
Revised on March 5, 2009
Revised on March 12, 2015
Article 1 :
In accordance with Article 5 of the Regulations Concerning the Protection of Personal Information at Doshisha University (hereinafter ‘Regulations’) stipulated by Doshisha University Board of Trustees on March 26, 2005, specific operation rules regarding the establishment of the Personal Information Protection Committee are defined as follows :
(Personal Information Protection Committee)
Article 2 :
Doshisha University Personal Information Protection Committee (hereinafter ‘Committee’) is established in order to deliberate matters concerning the protection of personal information at Doshisha University (hereinafter ‘University’) .
Article 3 :
- The Committee shall comprise the following members :
(1) Director of the Student Support Services Center, Director of the Health Center, Director of the Career Center, Director of the Division of Academic Affairs, Director of the Admissions Center, Director of the Public Relations Division, Director of the General Affairs Division, Director of the University Library, Executive Dean of the Organization for Research Initiatives and Development
(2) A few academic experts on personal information protection
- The members of the Committee stated in number (2) of the previous section shall be delegated by the president of the University. The term of a member is one year. Members can be reappointed.
Article 4 :
- The Committee shall appoint a chairperson selected from among the membership and delegated by the president of the University.
- The chairperson shall convene and chair the Committee meetings.
- The Committee shall be deemed to have a quorum if more than half of its members are present.
- If the Committee deems it necessary, the Committee may request the attendance of people other than members of the Committee for the purpose of soliciting their views.
Article 5 :
- The Committee shall deliberate the following matters.
(1) All-campus measures concerning the protection of personal information
(2) Exceptions to the limits of the collection of personal information
(3) Exceptions to the limits of the use and provision of personal information
(4) Appeal of dissatisfaction against requests for disclosure, correction and deletion of personal information
(5) Other issues necessary to contribute to the protection of personal information
- To deliberate the aforementioned issues, the Committee may request administrators of personal information management, teachers, staff and those involved to provide necessary documents, or may solicit their views.
- Based on the results of deliberation, the Committee may provide necessary advice, guidance or recommendations to administrators of personal information management, teachers, staff and others.
- Based on the results of deliberation, the Committee shall report to or make a proposal to the president of the University when necessary.
Article 6 :
Clerical work of the Committee shall be carried out by the Ethics Review Office.
(Revision or abolition)
Article 7 :
The revision or abolition of these rules shall be determined by the President through the deliberation of the Committee and Directors Meeting.
Supplementary Article :
Regulations shall be enforced on April 1, 2015.