| Area of specialization||Communication and Information Technology|
| Courses||The successful candidate will teach courses in the following areas or other courses related to the area of specialization indicated above.|
In addition, the successful candidate will teach:
- Communication Design
- Information Services
- Data Analysis
- Management Information Systems
- Master Thesis and Research Project Ⅰ, Ⅱ, Ⅲ
- Critical and Analytical Thinking (a jointly taught course)
| Position||Associate Professor or Professor|
The position will be a full-time fixed-term position for a term of 3-5 years.
|Number of Positions||1|
| Starting Date||April 1, 2019|
The mandatory retirement age is 65.
*If necessary, less than five summaries is acceptable.
- CV: 1 original and 3 copies
(Click for required format) ［Excel 21KB］, (Example) ［PDF 170KB］
- Research Record: 1 original and 3 copies
(Click for required format) ［Excel 21KB］, (Example) ［PDF 224KB］
(CV & Research Record Checklist［PDF 161KB］, not required for submission)
- Syllabus for a course from the list above or a related course (including course summary and schedule for fifteen 90-minute sessions): 4 copies
- Summary of five* representative samples of research output [in English (300 words per item) or Japanese (1500 characters per item)]: 4 copies
- Copies of all research papers and other research output
- Hold a Ph.D degree and internationally recognized or international-level research record.
- Track record or ability to teach in an international MBA program in English in an interactive manner. All nationalities are welcome. The ability to teach in Japanese is not a requirement, but is preferred.
- Ability to come to the business school regularly.
- Experience teaching in an international business school and ability to contribute to administration, program development, and/or international accreditation of Doshisha Business School is preferred.
- Can actively engage with admission activities to recruit various types of students (private and/or government funded).
- Business background or education (e.g., MBA) is preferred.
- A person with teamwork and collaboration skills. The ability to create documents in Japanese is not a requirement, but is preferred.
| Application Deadline|| Tuesday, August 21, 2018 (must be received by this date)|
| Selection Process|
For interview candidates, a travel allowance of 50,000 yen (domestic) or 200,000 yen (international) is provided.
- First Screening: Review of documents
- Second Screening (Sunday, September 2, 2018) : Sample lecture (based on 3. in "Application" above) and interview
Please provide receipts.
First and business class travel not covered.
No travel allowance provided for candidates from the Kinki region.
No accommodation allowance will be provided.
Candidates will be notified of the results of the selection process by letter.
|Send application to||Please submit your application materials by registered mail or courier to:|
Prof. Kazuya Kuramoto, Dean
Doshisha Business School
Karasuma Imadegawa Higashi-iru
Kamigyo-ku, Kyoto City, Kyoto Prefecture
|Contact|| E-mail: email@example.com|
- In principle, application materials will not be returned. After the selection, Doshisha Business School will be responsible for disposing of materials. If you would like your application materials to be returned to you, please provide a self-addressed envelope with postage.
- The information provided for this selection process will not be used for any other purposes, in compliance with Japanese privacy protection laws.