Examination Types and Notes (report cover sheet / Application for Makeup Examination)
(Jun. 28, 2022 update)
Examination for the Spring Semester 2022
Please check the following link when you take the examination for the spring semester 2022.
Examination for the Spring Semester 2022
Grading is determined by Examinations and Multifaceted Evaluations during class.
1. Final Examinations ･･･ Examinations held during the designated period at the end of each semester
2. Additional Examinations ･･･ Examinations held outside the above designated period
3. Examinations in Essay or Report Format
Report cover sheetReport cover sheet (for those who entered in or before 2016_8-digit student ID)
Report cover sheet (for those who entered in or after 2017_10-digit student ID)
- The report cover sheet you should use depends on your entrance year.
Tear off the receipt (student’s receipt) at the bottom half and submit it together with the report. The receipt will be stamped and returned to you.
Notes on Examinations in Essay or Report Format
- Note the following points when taking submitting essays/reports:
- You must attach a prescribed cover to the essay or report.
- The cover sheet and the receipt of report must be filled in with pen.
- You must submit the essays/reports in person, presenting your Student ID Card. Submission by mail will not be accepted.
- No late essays or reports will be accepted. However, if it has become apparent on the due date that you will not be able to submit it by the deadline due to an unforeseen accident or other circumstances beyond your control, you must contact the office corresponding to the faculty which offer the course before the deadline and follow their instructions.
- Once you have submitted a report, you may not make any additions or corrections even if it is before the due date.
- You are advised to keep the receipt of report until you receive your grade for the course.
- If the place of submission of the report is an administrative office, the office will accept reports during its opening hours. However, if a particular due time is specified, the office will accept reports till that time.
Opening hours vary with each office and day of the week. Please also note that opening hours are subject to change during recess and other times of the year (changes will be posted on message boards in advance).
- For cases of suspected plagiarism
The following acts will be considered as suspected plagiarism. If you are confirmed by the faculty council to have plagiarized submitted course work, you will fail (students enrolled in or after 2004) or receive 0 points for (students enrolled in or before 2003) all of the courses that you have registered for in the semester concerned, and the decision will also be publicly announced (Certain courses as designated by the faculty council are excluded from this measure.).
- Using the writing of another individual, or information from the Internet as your own without citing the source.
- Submitting another individual’s report or article as your own.
- Submitting a report or an article for that you have asked another individual to compose for you.
- Composing a report or an article for submission as another students’ work.
- Obtaining another individual’s report or article for the purpose of copying or providing another individual with your own report or article for the purpose of copying.
- Other activities that damage the fairness of the evaluation of a report or an article.
4. Makeup Examinations ･･･ If you were not able to take the final examination and/or the additional examination due to illness or circumstances beyond your control, you may request a makeup examination.
Please note the following if you wish to take a makeup examination.
- You must submit the request for makeup examination (available from the Certificate Issuing Machine), to your affiliated office as described below (hereinafter called “the Office”) within three days (excluding days when the Office is closed) from the day following the date of the examination for the course. If the absence is due to extracurricular activities, you must submit the request for makeup examination and receive approval for it prior to the examination concerned.
<Faculty/Graduate School located on Imadegawa campus>
- If students belong to Faculty/Graduate School of Letters, Law, and Economics, they should consult their respective Faculty/Graduate School office in the Center for Academic Affairs, Imadegawa Campus.
For all other students, they should consult their respective Faculty/Graduate School office.
- If students belong to Faculty/Graduate School of Life and Medical Sciences, Health and Sports Science, Psychology, and Global Communications, they should consult their respective Faculty/Graduate School office in the Center for Academic Affairs, Kyotanabe Campus.
For all other students, they should consult their respective Faculty/Graduate School office.
- It must be accompanied by a document certifying the reason of absence (see the following table).
|Illness or injury of student|
|Certificate from a medical doctor|
(must indicate that the student required bed rest on the day of examination)
In case of designated infectious disease that requires suspension, the university’s prescribedCertificate of Infection with disease that should be prevented at school is also sufficient.
|Death of a close relative (relation within the second degree)||Death certificate, funeral notice, etc.|
|Teaching Practicum||Certificate issued by License and Qualification Section, Center for License and Qualification|
|Nursing care experience||Certificate issued by License and Qualification Section, Center for License and Qualification|
|Museum Science (Fieldwork) or Library Training||Certificate issued by License and Qualification Section, Center for License and Qualification|
|Practical training for social welfare support or mental health care support||Certificate issued by the office of the Faculty of Social Studies and Graduate School of Social Studies|
|Employment examination *1||Certificate for Attending Employment Examination issued by the examining organization (prescribed form)|
|Entrance examination to a graduate school||Certificate of attendance at the examination issued by the graduate school|
|Internship for a regular course||Certificate issued by Career Center or the Consortium of Universities in Kyoto|
|Final examination of a course offered by the credit transfer system of the Consortium of University in Kyoto||Certificate of attendance at the examination issued by the university that offer the course|
|National Examination||Admission ticket for the examination|
|Extracurricular activities||Certificate issued by Student Support Service Center based on prior arrangement|
Applying for Makeup Examination due to Extracurricular Activitie
|Disasters||Disaster Victim Certificate|
|Accident or suspension of public transport |
（more than an hour’s delay only *2)
|Certificate of delay issued by the railway/bus company|
|Saiban-in (Lay judge) system||Certificate issued by a court|
|Committee for Inquest of Prosecution system||Certificate issued by secretariat of Committee for Inquest of Prosecution|
- Except for career fairs and company information sessions that do not directly relate to employment decisions. If there is anything unclear regarding “employment examinations”, please contact the Career Center.
- The Department of Registrar will make case-by-case decisions for delays for less than an hour.
- The makeup examination fee is 1,000 yen per course (non-refundable). However, this fee will be waived for makeup examinations arranged due to participation in the Saiban-in (Lay judge) system and the Committee for Inquest of Prosecution system.
- Makeup examinations are evaluated in the same way as regular examinations. There are no point deductions for taking makeup examinations.
- There are no makeup examinations offered for examinations in essay or report format. However, if it has become apparent on the due date that you will not be able to submit the report on time due to an unforeseen accident or other circumstances beyond your control, you must contact the office corresponding to the faculty which offer the course before the deadline and follow their instructions.
- If you are unable to a take makeup examinations for some reason, there will be no additional makeup exams offered.
- The request for makeup examination form can be issued at the Certificate Issuing Machine (the makeup examination fee is required. (★)) In case that you apply for a makeup examination due to participation in the Saiban-in system and the Committee for Inquest of Prosecution system, the free form is available at the office where you submit the form.The form must be filled out with a pen in your own handwriting. You are required to present your Student ID Card when submitting the form.
- After you log in the Certificate Issuing Machine and click the “Fee payment 1” tab, a button with the sign of “Makeup Examination” will be displayed. Click on it , then the menu for makeup examination fee will be displayed. The request for makeup examination form will be printed out after you pay the makeup examination fee.
- Commuting time is calculated based on the minimum time required using public transport in principle, and the Office will decide whether a makeup examination may be arranged in your case. If you have any questions, contact the Office in advance.
Notes for Examination
- You must fulfill the following to attend an examination
- You must take the examination for the courses that you have officially registered for.
- You must have fully paid your school fee.
- You must fulfill the requirements set out by the lecturer of the course concerned. The lecturer may disqualify you from taking the examination if you have not attended more than two thirds of the classes held for the course.
- You must observe the following rules in the examination room
- You must take the examination in the designated room.
- You must bring your Student ID Card and place it on the desk during the examination. If you forget to bring it, you must obtain a temporary Student ID Card at an automatic certification issuing machine (fee 100 yen) before the examination.
- You must put all personal belongings in your bag except for those permitted to be used during the examination. Turn off mobile phones (including smartphones), personal computer, tablet, or smart watches with an Internet function, portable media players, or portable recording devices before putting them away (Mobile phones are not permitted, even for checking the time.).
- You will not be allowed to take the examination if you arrived more than 15 minutes late. You cannot leave the examination room until 30 minutes into the examination.
- Your Student ID Card and the name on your answer sheet will be checked by the invigilator.
- You must use a pen to fill in your student ID number and name on the answer sheet.
- You must fill in your student ID number and name on the answer sheet and submit it even if you do not complete the examination. You must not take the answer sheet home.
- You must follow all other instructions by the invigilator.
- Your answer sheet may be deemed invalid if:
- You did not fill in your name.
- You did not take the examination in the designated room.
- You made corrections to your name.
- The following acts will be considered as academic dishonesty
- Impersonating someone in an examination.
- Writing notes on the desks, clothing or body when taking an examination.
- Using permitted items for unauthorized purposes such as writing notes on them when taking an examination.
- Bringing crib notes, reference books, and notes that are not allowed. Copying answers from other students’ examinations. Obtaining answers from other students.
- Providing information to other students, or other acts that benefit other students during the examination.
- Talking, swapping answers with other students during the examination or exchanging answer sheets between distribution and collection of answer sheets.
- Failing to follow instructions provided by an invigilator.
- The following acts could be considered as academic dishonesty
- Cheating on an examination by obtaining unauthorized materials.
- Starting an examination prior to the specified time.
- Continuing to use writing materials or an eraser after an invigilator has called for an examination to finish.
- Bothering others during an examination.
- Using a mobile phone (including smartphone), personal computer (including mobile PC), tablet, or smart watches with an Internet function, portable media players, or portable recording devices, or having them in an unauthorized place.
- Using a portable device or watch that makes sound (incoming calls, alarm, vibration, etc.).
- Other activities that damage the fairness of the evaluation of an examination.
- If your act is confirmed by the faculty council as an act of academic dishonesty specified in the preceding two paragraphs, you will fail (students enrolled in or after 2004) or receive 0 points for (students enrolled in or before 2003) all of the courses that you have registered for in the semester concerned, and the decision will also be publicly announced (Certain courses as designated by the faculty council are excluded from this measure.).
Notes on Examinations when using Learning Management Systems (LMS) such as e-learning:Note the following points when taking an examination using a Learning Management System (LMS):
- You are not allowed to let another individual know your password or borrow your Student ID Card.
- The acts outlined in a. will be considered as academic dishonesty. If it is confirmed by the faculty council as an act of academic dishonesty, you will fail (students enrolled in or after 2004) or receive 0 points for (students enrolled in or before 2003) all of the courses you have registered for in the semester concerned, and the decision will also be publicly announced (Certain courses as designated by the faculty council are excluded from this measure.).