MEXT ‘Support Program for Improving University and Graduate School Education’
We obtained the highest rank of "S" for our interim report.
Doshisha University works to further promote internationalization, one of our educational philosophies.
We value international diversity in knowledge and spirit and seek to develop international education and research centers that contribute to the elucidation and resolution of global issues.
- We will take advantage of the cultural and spiritual setting of Doshisha, which is located in the center of Kyoto, the origin of Japan’s traditions and culture.
- We offer programs entirely in English that students can obtain degrees in
- Global MBA Course at Doshisha Business School (September 2009)
- American Studies Cluster and Global Social Studies Cluster at the Graduate School of Global Studies (April 2010)
- International Science and Technology Course at the Graduate School of Engineering / Graduate School of Life and Medical Sciences (September 2010)
- International Education Course at Institute for International Education provides interdisciplinary education across six faculties (April 2011)
- We established a Faculty of Global Communication to nurture talented professionals with advanced foreign language skills (April 2011)
- We will establish the Faculty of Global and Regional Studies with the aim of fostering people capable of understanding the international community (planned for April 2013)
- We will admit promising international students, accommodating 2,200 students by 2013 (511 at time of application in May 2009)
- We will encourage and support students to study abroad, aiming at 750 students in 2013
- We will increase the number of sister faculties to around 170 universities by 2013
- We will set up 10 overseas educational and research base offices in the cities of eight countries including Taiwan, London, Hanoi, Beijing, Shanghai, Seoul and Istanbul
- Global 30 Project for Establishing Core Universities for Internationalization was reorganized as the Project for Establishing University Network for Internationalization in fiscal 2011.